Our mission is simple we empower Small Business owners to become successful, through lending and educational programs. We are proud that our team has spent the past 40+ years focusing on finance so our borrowers can focus on the important task of growing their business. We are guided by integrity, efficiency, and teamwork to provide an exceptional client experience, and along the way we build long term relationships, recognize each other’s contribution (or greatness) and have fun.
What You’ll Do
At MWSBF we love helping clients maneuver through the complex world of government lending and our Origination Team is right at the heart of that effort. As a Loan Officer you will work closely with borrowers and lending partners to understand their needs, craft their loans, and shepherd them through the SBA approval process.
A typical day would include:
- Make internal and external sales calls to develop new business and expand existing relationships.
- Meet with and obtain financial data from lenders & loan applicants. Educate them on the Loan Approval Process.
- Work with Underwriting Dept. to analyze and evaluate borrower’s financial status, credit history and ability to re-pay the loan.
- Work with Loan Assistant to complete or direct completion of all necessary documents required to support loan.
- Shepherd loans through multi-step SBA Loan Approval Process. Reviewing & updating as needed.
- Work with Closing Department to make sure loan packet is complete, accurate and ready for funding.
What We’ll Love About You
Based on our experience a minimum of five years in commercial banking in the lending department and a bachelor’s degree in a business-related field or equivalent experience with a proven track record in sales ability/aptitude and business development required will help you transition smoothly into this position.
In addition, other skills you will need to make an impact include:
- A focus on accuracy and detail
- A self-starter with a significant level of expertise, credibility, influence, and trust
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications and ability to quickly learn industry related software
- Coachable & able to accept and implement feedback.
- A high level of strategic thinking and analytical skills
- Work well as part of a fast-moving team.
What You’ll Love About Us
Great Company Culture where you are valued and respected.
We continually invest in you:
- Flexible work environment: office, remote and hybrid options
- Rest and Relaxation up to 6 weeks of paid time off PTO and 11 paid holidays
- Medical Insurance with FSA options
- Dental and Vision Insurance
- Life, Disability, and Care Insurance
- Retirement benefits including 401K and access to personal financial planners.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Because our team members are trusted to handle sensitive information, we require all candidates that receive and accept employment offers to complete a background check before being hired.
Proof of COVID 19 vaccination is a condition of employment
If interested, please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org