MWSBF is looking to fill two open positions at our Salt Lake City office. We are looking for a part-time loan assistant and a full-time loan officer. Check out the job descriptions below and if you are interested in applying, please send your resume to Zianibeth Shattuck-Owen at email@example.com by close of business on Friday, August 21st.
LOAN ASSISTANT I
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Helps package new loan applications
- Coordinates with Bank Officer to obtain check list items needed for the application file
- Runs reports on borrowers and entities making application; credit reports, risk scores, UCC filings, data share name checks, flood certifications and bankruptcy records
- Verifies receipt of deposit when necessary, environmental information, appraisals and required signatures on all exhibits
- Prepares SBA required application forms; Part A, Part C, Assistance Agreement and 912 forms
- Prepares required forms and cover sheets for the Sacramento Processing Center
- Process 327 SBA approval amendments, bank document and construction document verification as well as down payment verification,
- Obtains CDC copy and prepares the file for electronic submission to Sacramento
- Prepares and audits file for completeness and adds to document storage database before releasing it to the Closing Department
- Ensure tax transcripts from IRS are included in file
- Learn all duties of a Loan Assistant 2
- Other duties as assigned by Loan Assistant II or Loan Officer.
Skills & Abilities:
- Accurate & detail oriented with ability to prioritize in order to meet deadlines
- Possess exceptional customer service skills
- Strong verbal & written communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications and ability to quickly learn industry related software
- Works well as part of a fast-moving team
Part time hourly position; twenty (20) hours per week.
Starting at $16.02 per hour or commensurate with experience.
SMALL SPECIALITY LOANS LOAN OFFICER
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop new commercial loan business with an emphasis on the Community Advantage 7a, USBLF, 6 County Association of Governments RLF, and Davis Loan Fund program(s).
- Responsible for the initial contact and ongoing relationships with prospects and referral sources.
- Work with Loan Origination and Underwriting to prescreen loan applications, credit worthiness and eligibility of borrowers.
- Incumbents will be (are) expected to become competent at utilizing spreadsheets, loan origination software, financial statements, and other documents to evaluate loan quality.
- Incumbents will be expected to become familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within the SBA lending industry and other loan programs facilitated through the department (including, but not limited to EDA and USDA).
- Will be expected to gain a working knowledge of SBA regulations and SOP including program specifics, eligibility, and processes.
- Will be expected to gain a working knowledge of EDA, USDA, RLF Board Requirements, and regulations including program specifics, eligibility, and processes.
- Obtain and verify completeness of documents required to apply for a loan.
- This position has a strong marketing component which requires excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Position located at our Salt Lake City Office. Sales area to include all of Utah and Wyoming and one county deep in States surrounding Utah.
- Requires a bachelor’s degree in business with an emphasis on Marketing, Finance, or Accounting. A degree in another field or other experience can also be substituted but a rigorous On-The-Job training program is then necessary.
- There is an element of travel in this job. Travel is both local and some national and will periodically require overnight and/or multiple night stays.
Full-time Salaried position starting at $55,000 annually or commensurate with experience.
Full benefits package